The opticom xla-3 is an all-tube optical limiter inspired by the classic Teletronix LA2A. Loving the la2a’s smooth natural compression characteristics but seeking to improve upon its single compression speed inspired us to develop the xla-3. The heart of the XLA-3 is a unique triple optoelectronic circuit that combines the best characteristics of 3 separate compression curves into a single unit. The result: a high-speed optical limiter with tones that range from ‘clean’ to ‘harmonically rich’ to ‘dirty.’
ORDER YOURS TODAY
Available Worldwide through M1 Distribution
- All tube circuitry
- High-speed cadmium-selenide (CdSe) photocells
- Custom Bakelite analog control knobs
- Full-sized backlit panel meters
- 15db switchable input pad
- Hand-wired 2 stage bypass switch
- Triple optoelectronic circuit
- Cinemag input transformer
- IEC power connector
- 115/230V AC Mains
- Neutrik XLR input and output connectors
- Stereo link connector
- Micalex tube sockets
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1.4dB
GAIN REDUCTION: 29 dB maximum
MAKE-UP GAIN: 34 dB.
• Width: Standard 19″ rack mount.
• Height: Standard 2U, 3.5″ rack mount.
• Depth: 8.75″ from front panel.
• 10.5 lbs.
• 4.8 kgs.
C.POWER REQUIREMENTS / CONSUMPTION:
• Voltage requirement: 115/230 Volts / 60 Hz.
• Current draw: 265 mA.
•Power consumption: 32/64 W.